All ICT devices have built in accessibility options to support visual difficulties. For more specialised advice, please contact the VI team in VTSS.
- Consider changing the font type, size, colour, the background colour of the page and positioning of the computer.
- Make available electronic copies of work which can then be adapted or read by a text to speech engine.
- Use the zoom function
- Work through the accessibility options on the computer/device with the learner, e.g. cursor size, or “speak selection” on iPad.
- Use Clicker, Wordtalk, Read and Write, PDF Aloud, Acrobat Reader, Balabolka as these all have text-to-speech functionality
- Use the zoom function on web browsers for accessing websites
- Use Keyboard Stickers or an alternative keyboard, eg BIG keys
- Teach learners how to change the accessibility options independently